Monday, March 15, 2010

23 Things: Clubbing


Sorry for the super crappy iPhone picture. I meant to take pictures earlier in the evening but time just got away from us. So last Friday me and Tristen went up to Sacramento to join some friends to go clubbing. This was my first time ever going to a club and the picture I had painted in my head about clubs and how they operate, was that of a stereotypical Hollywood movie where there are long lines and the bouncer only lets the pretty skinny girls in. Well there was a long line and I learned you can buy your way up in line, but other than the appearance, it felt like a completely different place.

The club was called UltraLounge and it was right next to the capitol building in Sacramento. One of the first things I noticed was how gorgeous the club was. It was swank and fancy. The outside patio had a huge fire pit and these covered lounge areas. The dance floor was crowded and the DJ was really good. It was this little blonde girl who, if you were to pass on the street, you would never guess she could spin. Another thing I noticed was the average age of everyone there had to be in the late twenties. There were some old people there.

We mostly just danced together as a group off to the side of the floor, then everyone with the exception of myself would want to retreat to the patio for drinks and a cigarette. I would just sip off of their drinks and talk with them until we were already to go and dance some more. I think it was the fact that we were in a group and we all stuck together, that made the time really fun!

I think that was the thing I was afraid of most, too. That I would be ditched or feel left out because I didn't fit in. I would have never gone to a club or a bar a year or two ago but I just keep thinking how I can't put my life on hold until all the circumstances are perfect, because they'll never be perfect! That is why I am really glad I have this 23 new things under 23 list. I hope that it nudge me out of my comfort zone and force me to do somethings I normally wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment