Wednesday, January 26, 2011

To the victor goes the lattes


Photo by Janine Graf
This was not an easy week.

The combination of my strange work schedule, school starting up, celebratory dinners, being on my "lady-times" and family emergencies rendered me to eat out just about everyday this past week.

Hallelujah for tracking, that's all I got to say. Otherwise I would not be down at all this week, let alone .2 pounds.

Yes, I am going to look at .2 pounds as a huge friggin' victory! Because it is! I see this more as a "I can do this in real life" assurance rather than a numbers game. I lost when it looked hopeless.

And I have to say that at times, I almost felt hopeless. It was hard for me to track because I didn't want to hold myself accountable, I didn't want to see the numbers. But I'm glad I did. I think in the end it helped me make better choices, say no to an extra piece of bread, and ultimately helped me lose those .2 pounds that I did.

One thing that needs to change though is that I feel like I'm living at Starbucks. I'm re-addicting myself to the iced lattes. I was on a HUGE caffeine high Sunday because I got a 5 shot coffee to help me function at work in the morning. I did not need to do that. It kept me jittery and made my heart feel like it was beating faster than normal all day.

We also have this place in town called Barista's and I had a blended latte the other day... Holy moly! I haven't had one in forever and it tasted so good!

I think I need to look at my Starbucks consumption as a treat rather a go to substitute for food.

New challenge for the week, I only get a coffee if I exercise that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment